The following guidelines are provided to help you understand if and when your results will be available in MyChart.
Test Result Guidelines
The following standard guidelines apply to all test results performed at Geisinger:
- Tests for which there are legal restrictions (HIV) will not be released in MyChart.
- Some test results take several days to be processed by the laboratory. Results will be released when finalized.
- Inpatient test results will be released immediately following discharge from the hospital and can be viewed by clicking 'Include Hospital Results'.
- The following results are scanned into patient records or stored externally and cannot be shown in MyChart currently:
- Some CT Scans
- Pathology tests
- Cytology tests
- Some Cardiac studies, depending on location
- Outside lab tests that do not electronically transfer to the Geisinger network
Test and lab results that were completed in a Geisinger laboratory will display in MyChart; however:
- Test and lab results that were ordered by a Geisinger provider and completed at a non-Geisinger laboratory may not display in MyChart.
- Tests and labs completed at a non-Geisinger laboratory and ordered by a non-Geisinger provider will not display in MyChart.
Please see the following definitions to some of the terms used on this page.
- Lab Tests
- Laboratory tests check a sample of blood, urine, or body tissues to look for changes in your health.
- Diagnostic Tests
- Medical tests performed to aid in the diagnosis or detection of disease, injury, or other medical condition.
- Examples: Radiology, GYN Cytology, Endoscopy, EKG, and Holter Monitor.
- Geisinger Provider
- A health care provider (doctor, nurse practitioner, physician assistant) employed by Geisinger.
If your lab or test results are not available in MyChart after 5 calendar days, please contact your provider's office to get your results.
If you still have questions regarding viewing your test results in MyChart, please contact our support staff here.